Fall 2013 Enrollment Limits
CSUN is adopting revised unit limits for the Fall 2013 registration:
- 13-unit limit through July 14, 2013
- 16-unit limit from July 15, 2013 through August 25, 2013
- 16-unit limit from August 26, 2013 through September 13, 2013 (with permission numbers)
First-time freshmen may enroll in a maximum of 16 units. First-time freshmen may enroll up to the 16-unit limit during the priority registration period.
Unit limits are subject to change.
- Graduating seniors may enroll in a maximum of 19 units during all registration periods. You are a graduating senior if you have applied for graduation in the semester in which you are enrolling and you will complete all remaining degree requirements by the end of the semester.
- Students enrolled in certain cohort programs are exempt from these unit limit restrictions.
- Students on academic probation may only enroll in 13 units. Undergraduate students readmitted under Academic Performance Agreement may only enroll in 13 units.
- Students wishing to enroll in additional units after the Registration-by-Appointment period must complete and file an Extra Unit Authorization form with Admissions and Records. See Extra Unit Authorization (.pdf).
Upper Division Writing Proficiency Examination (UDWPE) Appeals
Undergraduate students are encouraged to attempt the UDWPE as early as possible after competing 56 units and meeting the lower division writing requirement. Students must take the UDWPE no later than the semester in which 75 units are completed. Students who have not taken the UDWPE by completion of the 75 units will have a registration hold placed on their subsequent registration.
Students who need to submit an appeal for the UDWPE policy (.pdf) can:
- use the Online UDWPE Policy Appeal Form