Written by Karina N. Almanza, CSUN Dietetic Intern
When I tell people I’m a vegan, 80% of them will respond, “Wow, I could never be a vegan.” The other 20% think it might be attributed to a career in nutrition as an aspiring Registered Dietitian or just all together think I’m crazy. Granted, I am slightly crazy but that’s just part of my quirky personality and has nothing to do with the title I take on as a vegan.
A vegan is an individual who abstains from the consumption of animal-related products avoiding meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk, dairy products (butter, yogurt, cheese, ice cream) and honey. Continue reading